This blueberry cheesecake ice cream combines creamy lemon flavoured ice cream with chunks of cheesecake base and fresh blueberries. The result is lemon and blueberry cheesecake ice cream that no-one can resist.
How to make cheesecake ice cream
There are three parts to this dessert. The first two are the cheesecake base and blueberry compote. These are both very easy to make, but allow 10-15 minutes to make each of these.
You’ll then need to chill the cheesecake base and blueberry sauce for at least an hour.
The final stage is to make the ice cream. Add the pieces of base and fruit at the end once churning in almost finished.
Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 1 cup cheesecake base See link in the description above for recipe
- 1 cup blueberry compote See link in the description above for recipe
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 2 cups thickened cream
- 1 Vanilla or Lemon Instant Pudding
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Make the cheesecake base and the berry compote (using blueberries) and set aside to cool for at least half an hour. Preferable leave overnight in fridge.
- Whisk the sugar and milk together until sugar is dissolved.
- Add whipping cream, instant pudding, and lemon juice. Whisk until well mixed.
- Add to your ice cream maker and churn as per the manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer finished ice cream to an airtight container, layering with the cheesecake base pieces and berry topping.