If you enjoy kiwifruit then take your love to a new level with this creamy kiwifruit ice cream. A lovely mix of kiwifruit combined with an Anglais base. The end result is a dessert that will impress anyone who appreciates the taste of kiwifruit.
- 4 kiwifruit peeled and chopped
- 5 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1 cup full cream milk
- Blend kiwifruit until smooth.
- Whisk yolks and sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat cream and milk on medium heat until simmering.
- Pour one cup of milk mixture slowly into yolks, all the while whisking.
- Pour yolks back into the saucepan of milk mixture and continue heating until it thickens – about 5 minutes.
- Pour ice cream base through a strainer into an airtight container.
- Mix kiwifruit into the ice cream base and add to fridge for 3 hours or overnight.
- Churn as per manufacturer's instructions then scoop into a container and freeze until hardened – about 2 hours.