A must-try ice cream recipe that combines creamy dairy with butter roasted pecans.
How to make butter pecan ice cream
This ice cream is easy to make. Smother the pecans with melted butter then toast them in the oven until they’re a shade darker. These nuts will soak up the butter and the mouth-feel of the nuts will become irresistible.
Once the pecans are done, transfer them to the fridge for at least half an hour to cool down. If the nuts are warm it will result in an ice cream that’s icy.
Finally, whisk the milk, cream, vanilla, and sugar until thoroughly combined, then add to the ice cream maker. There’s no need to heat the ingredients as no eggs are used.
Butter Pecan Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 180°C. Place pecans onto an oven tray (lined with baking paper) and cover with butter.
- Bake pecans until a shade darker then remove from oven, blitz in a processor, then place in the fridge to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Add the milk, cream, vanilla and sugar to a bowl and whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add ice cream base to your ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions to churn. Once the ice cream is almost finished churning add pecans.
- Pour into an airtight container once churning is complete and freeze for at least 3 hours to harden.