Coriander, also known as cilantro, is a really divisive herb. People either love it or hate it. This recipe shows you how to make coriander ice cream, a delicious dessert that’s sure to polarise the table!
This recipe includes lime for a super-zingy, creamy dessert that’s a far cry from your average tub of Vanilla.
To get more dessert ideas visit our ice cream recipes page.
If coriander ice cream isn’t your style, consider making this mango ice cream which will appeal to most.
Coriander and Lime Ice Cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups thickened cream
- 1 1/2 cups full cream milk
- 1 lime squeezed
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar until pale, set aside.
- Add coriander and lime to a food processor or blender and process for a few seconds. The coriander doesn't need to be completely blended.
- Heat cream and milk in a medium saucepan on a high heat until simmering, remove from heat.
- Pour 1 cup of heated milk into egg yolks while whisking as quickly as possible.
- Pour yolks into the saucepan of heated milk and return to a medium heat. Add coriander and lime. Stir frequently while heating until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Pour mixture into an airtight container and chill overnight.
- Strain mixture then churn in an ice cream machine as per manufacturer's instructions.
- Add to an airtight container and freeze for at leat 2 hours until hardened.