Discover the simple secret to making heavenly caramel sauce the quick way using a microwave and 4 ingredients.
All these years, I’ve being doing caramel sauce wrong, using a saucepan. This recipe is really simple and using a microwave makes it super fast to whip up.
It tastes like an exquisite homemade sauce that everyone raves about. Now you can be a dessert hero and your family or dinner guests don’t even need to know your little secret.
Check out this video on how to make caramel sauce in under 2 minutes.
What you need to make caramel sauce
This is a flexible recipe. You can dial the quantities up and down easily and get the same yummy result. If you increase or decrease the ingredients, you’ll need to adjust the cook time in the microwave.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp cream
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- Salt to taste
Steps to make caramel sauce
- Add butter to a microwave proof bowl and cook for 30 seconds on high.
- Add the cream and brown sugar to the butter and mix until combined.
- Microwave for another 15-30 seconds until it’s bubbling up.
- Stir again until well combined and add salt to taste.
- Allow to cool then serve.
This sauce can be made in advance and then store in the fridge in an airtight container.
What this sauce would go well with
- If you have some spare time on your hands and you want to impress, try your hand at tempering chocolate. You’ll just need a thermometer and chocolate that’s around 70% cocoa solids.
- Can you picture yourself pouring caramel sauce onto homemade vanilla ice cream? If you’d like to make your own here’s a quick vanilla ice cream recipe.